Self Designed Pool Build - Phoenix, AZ

You're lucky on the plants - I went to Lowes, Home Depot and a garden center this morning - they all looked like the grocery stores right before a hurricane or major snowstorm - picked clean! Guess I will have to wait a bit longer for plants but I did get the garden soul and mulch, so I'll be ready!

Yep, got pretty lucky on those as they are really nice specimens and $40/container...not a bad price. Each store had a bunch available but we wanted ones with 3 palms per containers and some had 4, so we had to go to multiple stores.

HX_Guy said:
Yep, got pretty lucky on those as they are really nice specimens and $40/container...not a bad price. Each store had a bunch available but we wanted ones with 3 palms per containers and some had 4, so we had to go to multiple stores.

That is a pretty good price. Post up some pics when you get them planted.

Ok now I can say the pool is officially done! :) Over the last couple of weekend, we put in the Pygmy palms, put in the planters/flowers and installed the automated control stuff (valve actuator and iPhone/iPad/computer wi-fi controller). Everything works great and I love the remote control stuff...worlds better than going around to the pool pump to turn stuff on and off all the time.

791.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

The manual valve...the handle removes and then you install the valve actuator on top and it mechanically moves the lever, it's pretty neat.

85.jpg

86.jpg

Install of the valve actuator and wifi control stuff was super easy, couple wires to hook up and wires to plug in.
87.jpg

88.jpg

This is the computer interface, the iPhone and iPad apps are very similar though they don't have quite as many settings in the app...they allow you to turn on/off the lights, the water features and pool pump but not any scheduling.

94.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks fabulous! Really wanted the ability to control mine from my phone but Mr. PB wanted another grand to install that...like he doesn't have enough of my money already! I'll just march my happy behind around there and do it, just have to consider it my exercise!

I have the Easy Touch and the ScreenLogic with WiFi kit for my pool. Can't wait to have it all hooked up. I have an HP Touchpad running Android KitKat & going to mount it to the wall to use just for pool control.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I ordered mine online from Arizona Wholesale Pool Equipment. Rep who helped me was John and he beat every price I could find out there. I paid $400. My kit was part number 522104 which is important because it comes with the wireless kit. Be careful because they do sell them separately and of course its more expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hey sorry for the late reply...

So yes, you have the exact same panel as me which means it'll be really easy to install. I ordered the same kit as Marmo but from Sunplay online, it's $399.95 with free shipping:

http://www.sunplay.com/Pentair-ScreenLo ... 522104.htm

The valve actuator I got from Amazon, it's an Intermatic and has great reviews so I went with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-PE24VA ... e+actuator

What are you trying to control via the wifi app/software? You may need multiple valve actuators depending on what you are trying to do. I only needed one as the water feature is the only thing I wanted to do remotely. I could also install one on the cleaning/return valve but I don't really see a point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.