Let the pool games begin!

Wow your house is huge! The pool looks great and I love your tile selection!

Sheesh...Another week of great weather and zero pool contractors on site....it's this kind of **** that drives everyone batty. I have to say this PB is really testing my nerves...we went with the, because they were the biggest and claimed they don't have the resource issues that small builders have because everything is subbed out...but if we don't track these morons down they will go weeks without communicating.

Got off the phone with them today and they claim the decking folks will be out this week but couldn't give me a date...unreal. This is why I hated our payment plan...5% down, 45% at Gunite, 45% and coping, 5% left till end....so builder has 95% of the money of the pool...and the pool deck, plaster and water left to do, but what can I hold over them...nothing because they have 95% of the money already.

Sorry just had to vent....no pool for Memorial Day that's for sure :(

- - - Updated - - -

Wow your house is huge! The pool looks great and I love your tile selection!

Funny thing, I bought the house for the property (15 acres)...new the house was bigger than my old one (3600sqf) and never really thought much about it. We close on house and need to install a RADON system, guy calls me and says they need to size it based on house SQF....I tell him house if 4-5K sqf....he says that's not what he got from the realtor and I say, oh she has the right info what is it....8500 sqft. I almost spit out my drink...went around and started measuring rooms and stopped after I realized it was right.

Thankfully I have a Geothermal 3 zone system so electric is actually less than my other house, but yes the wife complains that cleaning it is too much, and that's with a housekeeper coming every week to clean one of the floors.

And thanks on the tile selection, we wanted everything a little more muted so it's all Grey Undertones.

Well, 2 weeks of screaming at PB to give us a date for decking, we finally had the deck crew show up....down side, all they did was grade and lay the forms. I'm told we now wait for an inspection, then pouring can start...but as usual nobody can give a date as to when that will start...probably 2 more weeks..maybe before end of summer I will actually have a pool that I can swim in. Anyway, a few pics of the outline for decking, and a few of the elevated deck off of the house.

that payment schedule is the craziest %&#@ i have heard of. from what i see in the pictures that's at least, on the conservative side 5-6k in decking, who knows what the plaster job will cost but count on minimum 4-5k....don't know what the whole project cost is but he's already got his cost covered and his profit from this project.

the fun part will be his final payment when he has to chase you down...if he does. the excuses could be fun to come up with...i take 30 days to pay bills...my accountant doesn't cut checks on Friday's....i'm out of town and won't be in until July...i'll call you (hang up)

the steadfast contractor on the front end is usually the hardest to deal with. the sad thing is if you hang on to his final payment for whatever reason...he'll probably not even pursue it. sad.

Yay....pool decking day has finally arrived...only started the process 10 months ago give or take...but what's 10 months between friends :rolleyes:

Well on to the pics:

Tons of gravel going down as first layer, dirt was compacted previously

Forming the steps to the paver sun deck

Let the concrete begin

They had 2 young guys running wheel barrows full of concrete all over....the foreman challenged them to keep the concrete running so these two guys hustled...literally running with full and empty barrows....hats off to these young men

Exposed Aggregate is what we wanted, so this is the dye/chemical remover to expose the aggregate...pretty cool process never seeing it done before

Working the backside of the pool....total concrete is ~1600 soft

Forming steps on the backside

The master floater...this guy didn't have an easy job...he also had to do the expansion joints and some areas of the deck are 20ft wide...not easy

Let the exposing begin

Applying the chemical on the other half of the pool

Now for some close ups of the Aggregate

The white area is sand for the pavers, that is tomorrows job....then plaster...maybe swimming by next week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congratulations.. it looks lovely. I was thinking I did a mistake by not having patio done with these guys, but looking at your experience it is not much worse. At least I can scream and yell and my decking/landscaping guy and I get prompt action. Do you have a date for plaster? or prepaster inspection yet?

Plaster day.....

Interesting process how the plaster goes on

They moved pretty quickly

Getting the detail work done

Showing the finish....CLI Black Pearl....I remember it being less dark, maybe the scrubbing will get it there

Trickle going...of course the @#$#$%#$%#@ pool trucks didn't come today, why am I surprised....oh I'm not thats why.

Is this stain something to worry about?

So now I have to trickle water from my well all night to keep the water moving and level increasing....I'm not happy on multiple fronts but mainly because I contracted out the water because my well has a pretty high iron content.....wondering what this will do to chemistry once it's filled? Water trucks are supposed to show up tomorrow morning, we will see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.