Swim Up Bar?

po1022

Sep 20, 2013
Hi,
I'm new to this forum, I was wondering if anyone has tried to incorporate there outdoor kitchen with the pool to include a swim up bar. The idea would be sharing a countertop of the outdoor kitchen with a wall of the pool if that makes any sense. The only issues I would anticipate are how much force is exerted on the wall of the pool by the water (would a non backfilled wall be able to support the pool) and the yard would need a natural falling grade so that 3/4 of the pool would have the surface on grade and one corner or side of the pool would have the bottom of the pool only slightly below grade. Seeing the construction of above ground pools it doesn't look like it take alot of bracing to support the outward push of the water. Has anyone tried this? what are you opinions?
-Pat

Welcome to the forum!

I can't speak to the engineering of it, but that is an extremely common feature.
It shouldn't be at all difficult for any competent builder.

Lot's of pools have un-backfilled walls for other reasons like negative edge for instance. No big deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.