Heat Pump Chiller Combo - Jandy, Haward, Other? Who is best?

Sep 15, 2013
Longtime lurker, first post and question.

We are a few days from completion on our IG lake shaped 46x18 with diving pool and and weather has turned and we are afraid season is over before it begins. With that said, we are looking at also installing a Heat Pump Chiller Combo unit to extend seasons and cool water in summer to a more comfortable range.

New to this forum but a avid forum user so I did a quick search and did not find a lot of useful information on brand types, success stories or ultimate failures.

If I found the right calculator and want to raise my pool temp as much as 15 degrees, I figure around 149K BTU required. Since the largest average Heat Pump I see is 140K, I assume this is where I am.

Anyone have good or bad to say about Haward or Jandy as they seem to dominate this market?

Also, natural gas is not an option, I live in the country and propane is way out of the question.

Thanks and hi.

Re: Heat Pump Chiller Combo - Jandy, Haward, Other? Who is b

OK, FYI it appears based on pool company recommendation and repair history of others mentioned that the Rheem (aka RayPak) M8350ti-E-HC is the choice and wil be ordered today. Service tech said Rheem is a heat and air company by trade and they just get it right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.