Pool Frog as chlorinator?

Jun 29, 2013
Split by moderator from HERE. Please start your own thread to ask questions. Thanks, jblizzle

We have a Pool Frog as well. My pool guy said it was a money making gimmick. Having said that, CAN it be used to chlorinate the pool by putting in chlorine tablets? We are presently using a floater type chlorine dispenser that doesn't seem to keep the pool chlorinated enough and we have to add shock each week. Is there any harm in using it to auto chlorinate without using the mineral pack without harming anything? We have been battling a black algae problem since we bought this home (getting under control) and I think the lack of chlorine was the main issue.

Re: Pool Frog Question.... To use or not to use.

Liviaflood,

I suggest for you to start reading our Pool School and you will soon learn what your problems are with your pool.

To get a more personal response to your problems, I suggest posting a thread in the Algae-Prevention and Treatment section. Your thread will most likely take more than a few responses to help you along. Your chlorination method is leading to your problems and the Frog is not the answer for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.