Greetings... New Pool, New Owner - Clueless stare...

Jul 22, 2013
New 18x36 8' on the deep in 3' on the shallow side. Its been running for about 3 weeks and already had a battle with some green stuff. Got my test kit and here are the results.. Any advice would be appreciated. First I need figure out what i should be doing :)

CL 5
PH 8.2
CYA 0
FC 4
CC no
TC 4
TA 160
CH 120

Refer to Pool School and SLAM it if you don't meet the criteria listed there. If you're good to go.......lower your PH to mid 7 range and add CYA to 60 to 80 level IF you will install the SWG quickly. Raise to 30 to 40 level if not and maintain proper FC levels (bleach) per Pool School. Welcome~!

Read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. You will find both your pH and CYA need adjusting.

(Essentially repeating what woodyp said but you need to get up in pool school and learn the acceptable ranges of the parameters you test for.)

Welcome to tfp, PacketRat :wave:

PacketRat said:
Waiting for kids to get out then dumping murtic acid and stabilizer in. ...
It is good to wait until the kids are out to add the MA (muriatic acid), pour is slowly into the return water stream (water coming back into the pool). For the cya, you can get that started now, but don't "dump it in." Put it in an old sock and hang it in front of a return so the water can jostle the sock and slowly release the cya into the water. Make sure you move the sock out of the way while you add the MA later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.