autopilot total control install completed

Mar 14, 2013
good morning troops,
a few months ago i inquired here about which swg to buy and after all the research ended up with the autopilot total control. installation is done and its been up and running for a month or so with acceptable results . if anyone is interested i'll post my experiences both with the unit, the installation and my interaction with the company. on a scale of 1 to 10 i would rate the unit a 7 but only long term uses will tell me how its going to work out. on a seperate subject... something nickel and dime... i would like to have one of these remote wireless pool temp deals. there are about 100 of them on the market but when you read the reviews, half the people say they love them and the other half say they sank/failed/never worked over almost immediatly. anybody know of one that is reliable ? i would hate to buy 6 different ones to finally find one thats any good.

and thanks

Sorry this went unanswered for so long.

If you mean the floating type with wireless indicator, I tried the Accu-Rite brand a couple of years ago and was sorely disappointed. The unit leaked and I found there was a warranty replacement which was an upgrade/re-design. Instead of taking it apart with the screws, you now could take out the sensor/battery assembly with a union assembly. I think it was a good work around, but they still left the gasket seal on top the exact same way, and guess what? Yep, that one leaked too and leaked on the gasket as the union was a great design with a good O ring seal. I siliconed the top gasket, it held for a summer, leaked the next, and I trashed it. I had no inspiration to fix it as the Dang thing got to where it lost signal all the time. If they could make it work, it would be a great thing to get temperature indoors and out on the cheap. Seems it would be pretty simple to do with some effort. I really liked the design and read out features with the temp history, but the deficiencies made it unusable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.