New to me pool. Need help

FamilyGuy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
SpringHill FL
Ok so bought a new home with a pool. It uses a cartridge filter. I have no experience with cartridges at all. So i need help figuring out what size filter i have to order a new cartridge.( current cartridge is falling apart tears etc) ok so i know i have a hayward star clear plus but dont know what size. Any tips to figure it out?

Take some measurements of the circumference and height and find a manual and you should be able to figure it out. If you'll post those measurements someone here can most likely help you.

You may be able to look at the ends of the cartridge and find some part or model numbers.

Unicell are good, and pleatco's are good to. About the same dollar wise, anything name brand, leslies pentair, will be a lot more money. Make sure the opening in the center of the filter is the same size and also look to see if your old filters have a plastic core on the inside. Look into the pleatco's they are touting some new "technology" into the filters, supposed to catch more debris and flow more water. Just maintain the cartridges by cleaning them and you can get good life out of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.