dswolfpack - pool problems

May 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Please do not hi-jack another's thread with your questions.

I cleaned my filter for the first time since December last year. My pool guy is slacking and I have not fired him yet but I will have a talk with him since the filter looked like doo-doo. Anyways, once I installed the filter back on I started the pump and the chlorine generator at the same time. Minutes later nothing was running. I turned off both the pump and chlorine generator, there was power going to both. I tried starting the only pump, and nothing was going on. Kept switching on and off until finally the pump came on. Anybody has an idea of what I did wrong?

The SWG should only be powered up with the pump has power and will only generate when the pump is actually running.

You could check the centrifugal switch in the back of the motor to see if it is dirty/sticking and preventing the motor from starting. Or could be a bad start capacitor.

Although these would just be a coincidence and have nothing to do with servicing the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.