No chlorine

Hello again. I need some more help please. I have done all of the things you have suggested (emptied the pool -about 2 feet) and added liquid chlorine. I thought draining the pool would help but here are my numbers:

FC: 0
TA:102
CH:600
CYA:160
Salt:3100
Phosphate: 1000 ( which I know doesn't matter)

I have added liquid bleach (the amount suggested on the pool calculator) twice in the past month and it brings it up to 5 but then a couple of weeks later it drops back down to 0. I am not sure why it continues to drop? Any suggestions?!?!

Thanks!
PS it is an enclosed pool

How often do you add bleach? Most need to add daily if using liquid bleach. The sun and the process of oxidizing algae and other bacteria consume the chlorine and it needs to be replaced, daily.

How often do you test your pool? We recommend testing your FC daily.

ONLY is the SWG generates enough FC on it's own.

If the SWG cannot generate enough FC each day you need to increase the run time, increase the power to the SWG cell or manually add chlorine to make up the difference between SWG generated FC and the amount consumed (need).

Are you testing each day?

:hammer: (thats me banging my own head!) Yes, I am testing daily and it starts off fine after I add the bleach and then slowly creeps back down to 0. I run my system from 9 am to 5 pm daily. When will my SWG begin to make enough chlorine on its own so I don't keep adding bleach? And how much do you recommend I add this time? Should I "shock" it again? I need to get my FC level to around 12-20 for the SWG to take over. Am I understanding all this correctly?

How did you get the test results?
Are you not going to replace more water to get the CYA under control? You should replace at least 50% of the water again.
The SWG will be able to keep up ... AFTER the pool is clean. To decontaminate the pool you need to SLAM the pool using all bleach. [slam:28kruvx8][/slam:28kruvx8]
There is a link to the OCLT in the SLAM link.

Read the rest of Pool School as well, since you clearly have not seen the SLAM and OCLT article in it.

Thank you. I did not read that article as I may have missed it reading the many links and trying to get a grasp on everything.

I had replaced the water and my levels stayed exactly the same. I will try a repeat process.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.