fire pit location

richardmb01

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 8, 2013
Hello,

Is it ok to place a fire pit 2 to 3 feet from the edge of the pool. It is a vinyl liner pool and the firepit would be a small wood burning fire pit. My wife wants to put in the indent portion of the pool shape.

What are the cons/pitfalls of doing this.

Thanks!

2 to 3 feet would be too close. If you are burning wood then the fire could spit and anyone in the pool might get hit this could also happen with hot fat. Sods law says if it could happen it will happen. I would move the pit 6 feet away it may not be the best looking place for it but it would be safer. If you have a advisery office at your local fire station ask them.

But enjoy your barbie and do not forget to invite us. :cheers: :goodjob: :lol:

Thanks for all of your opinions. It convinced my wife to move it. :-D The fire pit will be located about 10 feet away which makes a lot more sense to me. All these decisions are driving me crazy, The stamped concrete will be poured thursday and hopefully this thing will be wrapped up shortly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.