Give your opinion on ScreenLogic2...

Hawk

Aug 9, 2011
Southern California
I'm about at my breaking point in regards to waiting for Autelis to restock and start selling again. :( I really want to wait, but not getting any good answers from Autelis. Maybe it's just vaporware now, never to be seen again?

My backup choice is going with Pentairs ScreenLogic2. What am I missing if I go with this and not the Autelis? What am I gaining, if anything?

screenlogic is amazing. it really shines if you have an intellichem and variable speed pump. see ph levels, orp, salt. adjust color changing modes on the lights. adjust pump speed, etc. it really is plug and play. and with the new iPhone/android app and revision 713, it is rock solid. I have about 100 customers on it, and it really works well.

tony c
monogram custom pools

Hawk said:
No Intellichem or at least not yet, but do have the VF pump.

I'm really looking to turn my stuff on and off with my iPhone. Everything additional to that is a plus.

ScreenLogic 2 will certainly do that, as it has long supported the iPhone. Pentair has been putting quite a bit of work into SL2, and now apparently also has Android support, which is great to see. I'm not sure if they have worked out the bugs with their relay server, which has caused downtime for SL2 users. It might be worth checking their forum on automation on PoolFYI.com to see how things are progressing.

pentair's relay server was certainly a headache last year when homelogic (elan) was in charge of it. Pentair now has full control of their own dedicated relay server and since they've switched it over, we haven't had one issue with the server not found.

it really has become rock solid. the android app adds some other cool features too.

tony c
monogram custom pools.

I did a self install hooking to my EasyTouch8 and it was a snap. I used the hard wired version since I was close to my router in my garage. Have only had one issue where I had to reset the screenlogic device. Other than that it has worked flawless. I really appreciate the ability to make changes to my schedule from my PC. I am SURE it is saving me energy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.