Bought our new pool today!

OK Folks, this is finally starting to feel like a reality and not just an idea anymore. :-D This morning we went to Crown Pools and purchased our new pool. We got an Autumn Breeze 16' X 24' with a Pentair Clean & Clear 150 Cartridge Filter and Pentair OptiFlo 1.5 hp pump. Now if the City of Rowlett will get moving :whip: and get our permit approved, we will be all ready for installation.

They said the pool would be ready for pickup by our installer on Wednesday or Thursday... Yay! I can't wait for that first dip in the pool. :whoot: It's hot here in Texas!

Just something I would like to mention is to have everything on hand to get all your levels set. You don't want to get it filled up and look at it and say "now what ".

Stabilizer, Bleach, Borax, baking soda.

Good choice with getting the TF-100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Might not even need that much, I usually need stabilizer (once a year) and liquid chlorine daily. Muriatic acid a few times a year and baking soda once or twice. All depends on what is in your fill water.

Of course on a fresh fill you will need plenty of stabilizer, check the pool calculator for a good estimate. Once you have the TF-100, test your tap water and see how much TA it has.

I would not buy any borax or baking soda until you know if you will need it. I have never needed either.

Certainly will need stabilizer and bleach though. You can test your tap water and get a feel for where the pH and TA will be in the pool.

I guess it wasn't that obvious that I was trying to advocate not buying borax or baking soda yet. I should have also added that the only time I use MA is when I run a fountain (for aeration or fun). Actually I might have only used baking soda once (when my TA was lower because of all the excess rain providing me with a free fill.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.