Flow error when jets are turned on.

panda

Aug 1, 2013
Hello, newb here.

We just got our PDC Spa up and running recently (it was a friends, they gave it to us for free because it wasn't working, a simple pump replacement and it was fine) everything was good for a few months, then we sprayed for bugs and our phosphate levels shot through the roof. Finally got the phosphates down and the rest of the chemicals (mostly the bromine) sorted out and then last night the jets stopped working. They were on and running fine for about two cycles then suddenly kicked off. On the keyboard display we got the FL error which I know is a flow error thanks to having airlocked it the very first time I set it up.

The water circulates fine on low speed and the water stays heated but when we turn the jets on it makes a click and then kicks off with the FL error. Any tips, suggestions, or fixes would be greatly appreciated!

If you are getting a flow error, I'd start by checking the filters. How often do you clean them? I recommend cleaning them weekly. Just take them out and hose them down with a high pressure stream from a garden hose. Get out all the debris (bugs, leaves, etc) and keep spraying until the water running off is clear, and you don't see a color change in the filter. Usually they will look dirty, and when you hose them off they will return to white, so your goal is to make them all white again. If your filter is clogged up with dirt, water might still pass through on the low pressure settings, bu when you turn it up, the resistance is too much, and you get a flow error which shuts off the pump to prevent it from burning out.

Give it a try. Its won't cost you anything, and it should be done regularly anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.