Nebraska green pool newbie!

slightly offended yes, but understandable. I am doing my best without a good test kit is my biggest problem. My test strips top out at 10 for FC so am not sure if i'm over that point or not. KNOW I am supposed to be at 24 for my FC level with this pool, BUT without having my good test kit that won't be here for a couple more days I'm assuming, I was trying to fix the pool to get it swim ready for my boys. Either way it looks a TON better, but has dirt on the bottom (very little but enough to tint the water color so I'm not certain its clear) I swept it and the walls again. MY FC level is according to the strips 10, and my PH level is in the mid 7's hard to read the strips exactly. I also changed out my filter after it ran all day and there was very little buildup compared to before so maybe I just need to vacuum the bottom of the pool to eliminate the dirt and see what the levels are when the kit comes? Sorry if I sound like an idiot (i'm really trying to be as thorough as I can be). Thank you for your thoughts and input.

my FC reading is steady in the purple since mid yesterday..the reading says 10 on FC but again I know its guesswork but its all I can use at this point. so my overnight drop isn't showing up on the strip at least, and the water looks clearer, but with the dirt on the bottom of pool and after brushing it all up its still not perfect. It did rain alot last night which could be a factor as well. I thought i'd followed the slam pretty accurately , but guess not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.