Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: txborn's pool and kitchen

1. Back To Top    #1

txborn's pool and kitchen

Hi all! For the last 8 months we have been in the process of building a new house and decided a pool was in order too. Problem was, there is a 10 foot wide utility easement running across the back yard. Had to get creative and squeeze it between the house and easement. We figured a smaller pool is better than no pool at all So here it is!

I got so busy at times with the house build I was not able to take detailed progress pics on every aspect of the pool build. Here is the link to the whole thing. Can't wait till the rain stops here and we see the sun!

Mark

http://www.picturetrail.com/gid16601351

7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

2. Back To Top    #2

Looks great! Very nice job on being creative! I also love the outdoor kitchen! That counter top is awesome. When's the party
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

3. Back To Top    #3
    I love all the stone, especially the counter... never seen anything quite like that! Enjoy!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Your pool/spa is awesome! We also had issues with a large (14' wide) utility easement and had to put the pool right next to the house. We are still in the building stage (see my pool build thread HERE)

Is that natural stone you used for your deck or stamped concrete? It appears that we are trying to achieve a similar look as you. Also, what kind of finish did you go with (plaster? Pebbletec?)

Thanks,
    Dave
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the kudos!

Hi Dave, aren't easements a pain? I think I can see where yours is in the pic. They can't keep a good pool owner down though! I used stamped concrete for the deck. And the pool surface is StoneScapes pebble finish. All the other details are in my signature.

Hopefully by the time they finish yours it will finally be warm enough to enjoy! Been pretty cool here in D/FW with all the rain so I am the only one that jumps in unless I warm up the spa
    7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

6. Back To Top    #6
    I want that kitchen.
    Debbie

7. Back To Top    #7

Nice! I'd love to have a kitchen like that.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGirl
    I want that kitchen.
    Me too!!!

Beautiful set-up you've got there!!
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater

9. Back To Top    #9
    That's awesome ooo I am so jealous
    I really can see the bottom of my pool now!
    13,500 gallons
    AG 24ft Round
    Vinyl
    Sand Filter
    I will be a pro soon :wink: