adding second pump

Jul 21, 2013
We have had several pools over the years (the last was a 20ft KD , lasted 14 yrs) , we now have a Intec 24x54 and it has the paper type filter....I have been reading to get the Unicel do to seal problems , my problem is calcium and lime in the water , so I added the old sand filter with separate plumbing (from the K&D pool) to vacuum the sedament from the bottom , but the sand filter does not remove the fine dust particles.... is there away to add a fiberglass filter to the top of the sand inside the sand filter or would DE be a better filter agent?....we have drained and added new water , we have vacuumed 20 times , but the water turns to a skim milk look , the next day , there is a 1/4 in of a very fine powder on the bottom , we vacuum and it is there the next day.....we are on the 3rd paper filter in the Intex pump.....
We had a drought last year ,and the health and conservation people say this condition on water quality will continue for several years until a substantial rainfall washes it farther away or dissolves it.......
I also have an old Hayward pump and strainer , but the sand filter cracked , so would have to replace that....but I'd hate to have 3 pump filters running to clean one pool......would diatomacous earth or adding paper or fiberglass cloth type filter from an a/c unit to the top of the sand in the filter work? ( a friend did this once and recommended this , but he is somewhat mentally challenged at times , so I thought I might get some outside input..... Thanks for any Help or recommendations...... Old Fart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.