tested with tf 100

Jul 11, 2013
new semi in-ground vinyl pool 15x24, 54"deep, 13,350 gal. started out with pool store advice, until i found this forum which i'm very grateful for. the pool store advice was setting me up for a CYA saturation, thanks to this forum i was able stop before it got real bad. these are the results form the tf 100, pool school recommend CYA 30-50 except in extreme sunlight, what is considered extreme sunlight? how many hours of sun?

fc 9
cc 0
ta 120
ca 240
ph 7.3-7.4
cya 65-70 would have been worse if not for this forum thank you all, i love liquid bleach wal mart 8% 3 bucks a gal.

pool is crystal clear
hayward super pump 1hp and ec65 filter

Welcome to TFP. You've come to the right place.

Don't add any more stabilizer. Don't use the pucks.

Everything else looks good. CYA a tad high. With 65-70 ppm of CYA don't let your min FC level drop below 5 ppm. 5-9 5-10 ppm is your range.

How much sun do you get ? Also put your pool info in your sig. It will help us help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

If you keep on top of your chlorine and never let it drop below the minimum, you will be fine. If you ever run into a problem, you can worry about your CYA then. Test daily, and always add enough chlorine to stay above min, and you will be good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.