After a couple of weeks....

Three weeks ago, I thought my new pool was great. The water was clear, but I had no idea what any of the chemical numbers were. I bought a basic pH and Chlorine kit from WalMart and the pH was high and Chlorine wasn't even registering. So, I found this site. I read and reread articles in Pool School. I ordered a Taylor K2006 test kit. My numbers were way off. So, I started following advice in the forum section and testing and using the pool calculator. These are the readings from over 2 weeks ago and now:
TWO WEEKS AGO:
FC 0.2
CC 0.0
pH 7.6
TA 70
Ca Hard 100
CYA 0
I added CYA. I added Clorox and started adjusting the output from my SWG. I tested the FC and pH daily.
NUMBERS FROM LAST NIGHT:
FC 3.5
CC 0.5
TA 80
Ca Hard 100
CYA 70
The water really looks great now and it "feels" great. Thank you to all the people who help new pool owners like me. My pool, my family and I thank you. Here is my pool.

Attachments

• 4H2E7618.jpg
    4H2E7618.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 79
Thanks for the comments. But, thanks to all the people who contribute to this site with their comments and share their knowledge. The key really is read, understand and test. I know if I start having problems, somebody here will guide me in the right direction. Thank you.

KyTom said:
Thanks for the comments. But, thanks to all the people who contribute to this site with their comments and share their knowledge. The key really is read, understand and test. I know if I start having problems, somebody here will guide me in the right direction. Thank you.
Right! :goodjob:

Congratulations on taking control of your beautiful pool. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.