Trying to start over and do it right!

Well, that scenario actually sounds doable, techguy. And I'd be happy with another 5-6 years; 10-15 would be fantastic!

Could you tell me approximately how much fill would be needed? Or how I should calculate it? The pool is 27' and the skirt is roughly another 3.5'. I have never ordered fill or any such material so not exactly sure how to calculate - they go by yards or tons? And can I order this through most reputable landscapers or do specific companies carry this? Then we would need to order the bricks for the retaining wall - that is the easy part cause I can count, lol!

2 more questions: Do we need a drainage system in the retaining wall - I've heard people talk about french drains - is that necessary for our set up?

After the pool comes down, can the shelf be exposed to rain if we don't get everything done quickly enough? I have plastic sheeting I can use to cover it up, just would like to know if it's necessary.

I was so proud this year to be able to see and read a penny at the bottom of my pool and not spend a small fortune nor most of my summer getting it to that point. I'm a little more upbeat about the prospect of being able to do that again!

Thanks for all your help - again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.