This morning:
FC 13
CC .5
TC 13.5
PH 7.3
CYA 30
TA 100
CAL 400

Waited too long and let too much junk get into the pool this spring.. Raised CL level to near 20. Shoveled (with the net) loads of junk out of the bottom of the dark green pool.. kept CL at 20 for about 6 days as I scrubbed and vacuumed to waste. Pump running around the clock.

Got water to cloudy, milky white color.. but couldn't see the bottom. Added Polyquat (60%) and some clarifier. Also.. I am using a skimmer sock.

Then Monday morning the water was pretty clear (I could see the bottom).. but I had a bunch of stuff floating on the top.. and a pile of the same stuff in the middle on the bottom. The floating junk looked like this:
poolpic1.jpg

Is this dead algae?

I was able to carefully scoop out (with the net) the floating stuff.. and I got in and vacuumed to waste the stuff from the bottom.

Today the water seems a little clearer.. and the floaties are almost non existant.. but I have another pile of the junk in the middle.. looks like this:
poolpic4.jpg

I will vacuum again.. am I still killing algae.. or is this just stuff that settles? Should I stay at a high CL level? I have already spent over $100 in bleach.

Thanks for your opinions.

Butterfly said:
I will vacuum again.. am I still killing algae.. or is this just stuff that settles? Should I stay at a high CL level? I have already spent over $100 in bleach.

You need to pass the three tests that declare when you are done with the SLAM process. See red lines in my sig.

thanks guys... passed the test!

Update.. as of now (other post was actually yesterdays numbers, etc). Vacuumed to waste again last night. unbolted wedding cake steps and turned them over. Bunch more of that "stuff" came out.. Vacuumed that and netted out some floating "stuff". Water is CLEAR.. just a little (very little) pile of debris in the middle this morning... nothing solid, just loose debris.

chuck9997 said:
unbolted wedding cake steps and turned them over. Bunch more of that "stuff" came out.. Vacuumed that and netted out some floating "stuff".

I have some steps like that. I just took mine out and cleaned them the other day. On the underside, back in the nooks and crannies there was some algae. Wouldnt have known it from the chlorine demand. There really isnt enough water flow through the steps I dont believe. Also if you have some underwater lights, you may want to remove the cover/bulb and check there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.