Problem with the BBB method...

Apr 10, 2013
Akron, NY
Not sure if anyone can help with this one....

New AGP installed May 5th. Using BBB from day one. Problem is that the water is so CRYSTAL CLEAR that I can see individual specs of debris suspended in the water from across the pool. I spend way too much time swimmimg with the skimmer head to get them! Now when we swim, the kids hide the skimmer from me. I think I need help.

In all seriousness, my "chemical" costs this season so far from 5/5 are:
$9.00 in Borax (2 boxes)
$60.00 in 12.5% chlorine - 20 gallons from ollies when they had them at $2.99 per gallon. I have more than 2/3s remaining.
Also have 10lbs of tablets, Algecide, and Clarifier from the pool store package with the pool - never used.

I just test every day or two, and add from 8 to 32 oz of chlorine daily.
Now that we FINALLY have some heat here in Buffalo I will test more frequently.

Thanks BBB!

Sparklypoolitis strikes again! :party: You can save the tablets for vacations and CYA touch ups as needed. If the algacide is polyquate 60 based you can use it if you close the pool for the winter. If not see if you can get store credit for it and the clarifyer to use toward pool toys or liquid chlorine.

zea3 said:
Sparklypoolitis strikes again! :party: You can save the tablets for vacations and CYA touch ups as needed. If the algacide is polyquate 60 based you can use it if you close the pool for the winter. If not see if you can get store credit for it and the clarifyer to use toward pool toys or liquid chlorine.
:-D We have daily meetings for the sparklypoolitis group. :shock: :mrgreen:

mmn said:
Store credit would be great, but isn't that going be hard to get when they're absolutely convinced he's going to need those chemicals?
If you never take a water sample in to be tested, they can't tell you what you need to buy and dump in your pool.

I also vote for the store credit plan. There's a pool store that I went to for two years before finding BBB. I really don't trust them on chemical analysis, but they are incredible when it comes to having parts/equipment in stock. I had two things I needed to buy in the last two years that I was having a hard time describing, let alone finding. I brought the old ones in, and the lady behind the counter disappeared into the back room and came back 30 seconds later with exactly what I needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.