Pool backfill material and sequence

Jul 14, 2013
Split from post543369.html#p543369 Butterfly

Contemplating all this as well. Pool builder was going to backfill with the dirt. My mason said heck do it, crushed Stone, with sand around the plumbing and geotextile between layers. Any specific stone I should look for? RCA, 3/4 clean blue, 3/8 lime??? I'm on Long Island and really everythings available. Final patio will be pavers over cement. My walls are 10 inch poured concrete..should I ask for some sonotubes or is that overkill, although I like overkill.[attachment=0:3if9eulu]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373826584.160126.jpg[/attachment:3if9eulu]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373826584.160126.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373826584.160126.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 135
Don't know what happened to the thread I posted this in, excuse me if I hijacked, but figured it was same subject. I searched here and spoke to multiple builders... Some just notch concrete wall and connect decking rebar to pool for support. I don't like "floating" cement so I'm looking for best backfill setup for immediate patio.

Your decking has to "float" or it will crack at the bond beam.

Here in NC, we use #57 washed stone (about 3/4 inch on average) as the best backfill. I wouldn't use the sand as it is easily washed away whereas the #57 will stay where you place it and it will not settle.

Will the #57 crack or comprimise the pvc plumbing when tamped? I am using geotextile between layers to prevent washout and mixing of material. And what I meant by "floating" concrete was soil washed out from underneath near the overdig. But I think I understand, you mean cement base should not tie in to cement pool wall, correct? Thank u
Al incam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.