BigJD's Pool Build by the numbers

Okay folks ... spent most of the day preparing for the build. I had to take down a few fence panels and erect a temporary fence (for the dog).

The pics are:
1.) temporary fence and my classy sliding wooden door
2.) the now open fence section (took out three panels)
3.) one of the posts that got concreted in! they weren't supposed to do that ... and that monster weighed a ton!

Attachments

• tempFence.jpg
    tempFence.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 222
  • equipAccess.jpg
    equipAccess.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 222
  • monsterPost.jpg
    monsterPost.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 222
PB started today .... the shallow end is level and ready to go ... but in the deep end there is about a day of ledge removel :grrrr:

What are you gonna do? PB expects to start actual pool construction Monday :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Equipment failure a days of rock breaking later .... we are finally ready to get started on the pool install! PB shaped the hopper and leveled out the base today. Rain tomorrow ... more progress Thursday ...

The hydraulic rock splitter broke a feather on Monday ... had to go to Boston to get the part (3 hour delay) so they could not finish the rock removal yesterday. They finished up this AM and Paul was able to get the sump in and shape the pool. Still no walls.

Yea, and it's raining. Tomorrow supposed to rain nearly 2 inches. And Osterman is/was supposed to put in my 250 gallon LP tanks tomorrow and run my lines. :rant:
Cant catch a break.
Once the walls go up he'll call Varney Brothers and they will pour the collar. Once it dries out, they'll compact the bottom with a jumping jack and Varney will come back with a truck full of pool crete and they'll pour the floor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.