cancun tom

cancuntom

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2009
Cancun, Mexico
Please do not hi-jack another's thread....here is your own thread.

Our pool is in Cancun, Mexico. It is an in-ground with a flat bottom and uniform depth of 4' 6". It is oval shaped. It is made from concrete block with stucco and then ceramic tiles. It has 2 bottom drains and 2 skimmer pots. Our make up water is pumped from a cenote/well on our property that has a submersible pump in it. We have had an inordinate amount of rain this season. Four weeks ago it rained for 6 days straight accounting for 35% of our total annual rainfall. I had to drain down the water level about 4-5 inches 3 times to keep the skimmers intakes at the correct level. Otherwise they would be completely submerged. Unfortunately the rains have continued with 3 more days of constant rains. Our pool water is cloudy. This is the first time in 5 years we have had this problem. Here are my test results:

Date: 7/5/2013
Water temp 83F
Air temp 81F

FC 0
CC 0
TC >5
pH 7.2
T/A 110
CH 320
CYA 100

When performing the FC test when I put the heaping spoon full of R-870 powder into the cylinder it does not turn pink. It turns dark grey. When adding the R-871 per the instructions in never turns completely clear. When continuing on by adding 5 drops of R-0003 The solution does not change from the dark grey. So I put 0 in both results because I don't know how to interpret it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: Have the test kit, new results, need advice...

If there's no pink, there's no FC. And with CYA at 100, you may very well be well over 100. Dilute pool water half/half with tap water and run the CYA test again. But I can tell you that you are going to need to drain and fill to get that CYA down to a manageable number.

Re: Have the test kit, new results, need advice...

Ok.
I let the water rest for 2 days with out any pumps running. I then vacuumed the settled sentiment directly into the sewer. Now the water is crystal clear.

I drained 50% of the pool water and added tap water back in.

Here are the current measurements.
FC 6
CC 2
TC >5
PH 7.2
T/A 150
CH 270
CYA 100
TEMP AIR 88 / WATER 84

That CYA is still high. You may want to do a dilution test to get a better idea of where it really is. Mix 50% tap water and 50% pool water, do the test and double the result. It would be best to do at least another 50% drain and refill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.