need help on final decision on which intex ultra frame pool

Re: need help on final decision on which intex ultra frame p

You could also look at Kmart. Pools are on sale. http://www.kmart.com/pro-series-20-ft-x ... P?prdNo=13 This is the pool I purchased last year to replace my 15 ft around Intex. I had the 52"x15 . The height was great but now that I have the bigger size I would rather have the circumference over the height, especially with the youngsters. I just love it. It has the thru the wall skimmer. I did get a regular sand filter. For theprice of this one plus a filter you cannot go wrong. It is very durable. I live in the northeeast and left mine up over the winter and no problems at all.!!

This is the 20x48 Pro Series on sale for 499.00
It does not come with a ground cloth but I bought s super heavy duty tarp for under 50.00 at discount store. Used lumber for pavers 1"x8"x 6" easier to handle, and cleared and flattened area with hubby. We did purchase about 70.00 worth of sand to level off low areas. All in all if you are only using this for a few years then you are going to love the cost effectiveness of this pool.

Re: need help on final decision on which intex ultra frame p

We have a 3 1/2 year old who is 43" tall (I know, she's a giant for her age). We have the 16'x48" Ultra Frame, so the water is about 42" high. She can't stand without the water going over her face. What we did is make 2 platforms for her to stand on using PVC and plexiglass. They are about 2'x2' and about 9" high or so (don't remember the exact height we made them). We drilled holes through the PVC to allow water to get in so they sink, and used a router around the plexiglass to smooth and round the edges. We drilled holes through the plexiglass and zip tied it to the PVC. They work great. We use the Konfidence jacket with her which has been wonderful. It is not a life vest and will NOT keep them above the water, but adds some buoyancy to help keep them afloat while they swim. As long as she is moving she stays up. As they get stronger you can remove some of the foam panels to give them less buoyancy. Last year we used all the panels, for this year we removed the first set. She loves it because she can swim on her "own" (meaning, no one holding on to her but instead standing right by her). She likes to swim across the pool from one platform to the other, and then she can stand and take a break.

We also have an 18 month old. She's still too small to stand on the platforms, so she usually ends up being carried/held by one of us or sits in a float that we push around. She's a bit smaller so the Konfidence vest doesn't quite fit her yet, but next year we will use it with her.

Don't forget at Target if you have their credit card you get 5% off and free shipping, plus cash back (2% right now) through ebates, if you use it (if you don't, PM me and I can send you a referral so you get a bonus!). I bought ours last year online from there and got it for $300 delivered, including tax. We got the SWG right away, but didn't upgrade the pump until this year. The stock pump did an ok job for us and we never had water issues, but the 2650 sand filter is a HUGE improvement, especially when it comes to vacuuming!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.