New to TFP; New to pools; Lots of problems.

(0730hrs)
I just came in from testing the pool. Here are the results:

FC - 14
CC - 0
TC - 14
pH - 7.2 (not changing despite the chlorine levels?)

Pool_Fool said:
CC Levels 0?
Ok, here's how I did the test (using a TFTest kit) started with 10 ml H2O in chlorine only vial, added the heaping scoopful of R-0870, the water turned magenta pink, added 1 drop at a time of 0871 (28 drops) the water turned clear. I then added 5 drops of R-0003, the water remained clear - no CC's in the water)

So, the chlorine level is dropping over night, in this case from 24 down to 14. And, yes, the pump/filter has been running the whole time. Despite vacuuming them all up yesterday, the red/brown clumps are back - aplenty!

As the pool is still within SLAM range, I'm not going to add bleach this morning, but I will test the water again in a few hours to see what is happening to the chlorine.

JohnN said:
This is my only guess, what percentage of bleach was listed in pool calculator, and what is the actual percentage of bleach you used?

I checked the bottle of bleach we have and here is what it says:

Active ingredients:
sodium hypochlorite 8.25%
orther 91.75%
yield 7.86% available chlorine
CONTAINS NO PHOSPHORUS (duh! the 70's are over now)

argh... does this mean what I think it means?? I've been adding 8.25% bleach instead of the 6% that's default on the calculator!? :shock: :rant: :hammer: :oops: Somebody kick me...

Well, time to re-calibrate the calculator. Wrench please...

CW

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.