Apr 3, 2012
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello
Can anyone help me with the problem I have. Maybe somebody come up with solution.
My sand filter and swg start to run at 8pm. Sometimes I would like to use the pump to clean my pool. But when I do it I need to wait till 8pm and then start the timers again on sand filter and SWG. Is there a way to bypass that so I can use the pump during the day and it will still start normally at 8pm? I do not want to clean my pool with my SWG running.

Not a built in way that I've ever figured out, if you do anything with the switch on the intex pump you've just then reset its cycle. From everything I've read here you'll have to cut the gfci off the pump cord and use a regular electrical timer to automate the pump. (you'll need to figure out a gfci solution ahead of the timer too whether that's putting the intex gfci before the timer or otherwise.) Doing that you could leave the swg's cord unmodified to run on its own internal timer, dont ever need to mess with its switch if you want it to come on the same time each day and you know the pump will be on.

Why not just set the swg + pump to come on before you normally vacuum and run it while vacuuming? Mine runs just fine while vacuuming, doesn't slow the flow too much and I have the same pump, swcg, pool and probably vacuum as you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.