Rubber strip/sealant between liner and concrete deck

gb99

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2013
Boston, MA
Hi,

It seems that sections of the sealant/caulking that runs along the perimeter of the pool, where the top of the liner meets the concrete deck is missing. Also, I see patches of growth along sections of the perimeter that's missing the sealant.

What is that sealant strip called and where can I buy it?

I plan to use a wet vac to clean out the nasty growth - is that a good way to do it? Then I'll use bleach to give it a good cleaning.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Top of pool liner small.jpg
    Top of pool liner small.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 103
Generally there isn't anything but in between the top of the liner and the coping, assuming we are talking a vinyl liner. Sealing that area would make it extremely difficult to replace the liner (when that eventually needs to be done). If that is actually tile, then a silicone based caulk is normally used.

I attached pics that show a strip of the beading that's still left. What is it? Is it important to have all around the pool?

Attachments

• Liner beading 2 small.jpg
    Liner beading 2 small.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Liner beading small.jpg
    Liner beading small.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 74
That is liner lock. It keeps the liner from pulling out of the track. You may find it online, its easy to install. Its normally put on the corners where the liner stretches the most, or all the way around if your track is not in the best shape after many liner changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.