Just making sure I am perfect

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
I finally got everything all balanced (I think) and I wanted to publish what I have JUST to make sure I am not missing anything.

FC - 5
CC - 0
pH - 7.5
T.A - 90
CH - 100 (have no calcium based fillers in fiberglass)
CYA - 40

My only gut is perhaps I should get the pH up a little, but I am waiting till the somewhat newly added last bit of CYA dissolves, etc.

Any other thoughts - fire away!

Oh, water is crystal clear !!

With 40 CYA, keep FC between 3 and 7, and never below 3. If you are at 5FC now, you may be too low later. I suggest you dose up to about 7 each evening and see where you end up.

Your pH looks absolutely perfect and I'd leave it alone.

We do recommend a higher CH of 220 to 320 for FG pools to help prevent cobalt spotting.
Link to Pool School Recommended Levels:
pool-school/recommended_levels

Nice job overall :goodjob:

Butterfly said:
With 40 CYA, keep FC between 3 and 7, and never below 3. If you are at 5FC now, you may be too low later. I suggest you dose up to about 7 each evening and see where you end up.

Your pH looks absolutely perfect and I'd leave it alone.

We do recommend a higher CH of 220 to 320 for FG pools to help prevent cobalt spotting.
Link to Pool School Recommended Levels:
pool-school/recommended_levels

Nice job overall :goodjob:

Yeah, I've dropping 1.5PPM of FC while at 30 CYA, so thinking at 40 I still should be good....will test a bit to see if I get that consistency still.

As for the CH, I am a little confused on the CH level...meaning look at this thread where I was told not to worry about it. Now I am not trying to pit one against the other, just trying to understand.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calcium-hardness-questions-fiberglass-pools-t61049.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.