Newbie pool owner in Arizons

JT2006

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Southwest Arizona (Yuma)
We just closed on a short sale her in southwest AZ (Yuma) I have never owned a house with a pool and have no clue what I am doing.. We have a pool service coming once a week right now but I know that I should be doing some of the maintenance in between his service days. Also, the plaster has a brownish staining throughout the pool and spa. I have read that this could be metal staining and you can use absorbing acid to get rid if it? Should I try this? Or just have it drained and acid washed? I know I am asking a lot of dumb questions but I also have no idea how to turn on the jets in my spa is there a valve or switch I need to look for somewhere? I looked today and could not get it to work?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated:)

J.b.

Welcome to the forum. :lol:

Since it sounds like you intend to keep the pool service, you would probably be better served asking them what you should do in between their visits. They should also be able to show you the mechanicals of your pool so you can gain some knowledge of their use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.