Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquabot used motors?

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquabot used motors?

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that sales used but working Aquabot motors. I have an Aquabot Turbo T2 and the A8541 drive motor is bad. I know it is not reccomended to install a used motor but I was going to see if I could find a used one to at least try to get me through the rest of summer before paying $300 for a new motor.

thanks
    16'6" x 36'6" Grecian Inground Vinyl
    Hayward S-220T Sand Filter
    Aquabot Turbo T2 Cleaner
    Just converted from Baquacil to BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

lethalshine,

Here are some links that might help:

http://www.i-love-my-aquabot-automatic- ... epair.html

I'm don't think this is a used Aquabot Turbo T2 motor, but a new one costs $186 at this online store http://www.aquaqualitypools.com/aquabot_parts_page.htm

Let us know what you end up doing. And take pictures !!

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium
    lethalshine,

Here are some links that might help:

http://www.i-love-my-aquabot-automatic- ... epair.html

I'm don't think this is a used Aquabot Turbo T2 motor, but a new one costs $186 at this online store http://www.aquaqualitypools.com/aquabot_parts_page.htm

Let us know what you end up doing. And take pictures !!

Titanium
    I think you were looking at the pump motor. Aquabots have two motors, pump for pulling water through the filter, and a drive motor for making it go. The T2 drive motor was $270. My aquabot drive motor broke, and since I did not want to pay almost $300 to fix it, it is now an expensive, self contained, manual vacuum. But T2's are more expensive, so would be worth fixing.

I did not find any place that sells used motors. I also tried to find someplace that sells motor parts, but could not.

Randy
    20,000 gal fiberglass pool, Raypak 266k BTU Lo Nox gas heater, Purex 2048 48 sq ft DE filter, 1.5hp pump. iWave wireless remote, Pulsafeeder chlorine pump, Safety cover on most of the time

seperate spa, with own pump, cartridge filter, Teledyne heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Randy,

Dang it, you are right. I did make a mistake. Thanks for catching it for me.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the help. I was hoping to find a used one but that seems to be fading. it has been pushing 100 degrees here in NC the past few days. A couple more days of this heat and manual vacuuming and I will just fork over the cash to get my T2 working again. I never checked on repair part cost before buying my unit. I guess after spending all the money on the T2 you have to pay the high repair part price. I was just hoping it would have lasted more than 2 years before breaking.
    Aquabot Turbo T2 Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: Aquabot used motors?

Check the wiring first! Water has a way of getting into the connections and causing Green Death to them. Plumbers Putty isn't a great seal, RTV helps a lot.
    Good Luck!!!
    22 x 40 IG vinyl lined, 23,570 gal.
    1 hp. Pac-Fab Challenger pump 300# sand filter
    Intex 8110 SWG, Hayward CL220 offline feeder
    Hayward 250K Btu gas heater
    Aquabots

7. Back To Top    #7

I just got back from vacation and checking the wiring is on my to do list for this weekend. It will take me that long to remember to bring home my ohm meter from work.

They(Aqua products) told me it couldn't be the wiring since the vacuum motor is working but it is worth a shot to look into before spending the money for a new one. Why trust someone who could lose $$$$ by telling me something other than buying a new replacement.
    Aquabot Turbo T2 Cleaner

8. Back To Top    #8

Check the wiring! When I think back, the first problem that I ever had with a motor was the Turbo pump motor connection on the bottom of the drive motor. The "special" putty looked fine from the outside, but was green on the connection posts and one wire was eaten through. I used Oatey Plumber's Putty when it went back together, and a layer of clear RTV over everything. Good Luck!!
    22 x 40 IG vinyl lined, 23,570 gal.
    1 hp. Pac-Fab Challenger pump 300# sand filter
    Intex 8110 SWG, Hayward CL220 offline feeder
    Hayward 250K Btu gas heater
    Aquabots