Help needed please!!!

I'm hoping I'm posting in the right area. We have not been able to use our pool at all. Our sand filter only one year old broke and they won't cover it for the warranty because my husband isn't sure were he put the receipt.. So we had to go back to using the cartridge pump the came with the pool.

It was green then went to a grayish color to being foggy now. I can't keep chlorine in the pool we just dumped half a gallon of bleach in it two hours ago. I testes an hour later and the tester was slightly pink... Now I test it and there is zero chlorine in it.

Also my ph I know I need muratic acid but here is what confuses me on this I tested Monday I think it was and I was way over 8.0 added nothing cause I don't have anything then I tested ph Tuesday and it was 7.2. Today when I was testing for chlorine my ph is way over 8.0 again. I am going insane.

Last year I met a lot of nice people on here and were very helpful and the pool finally the kids could get in it. This year not yet. Not sure if anyone remembers me but I was having health issues and faced surgery for my back. Well my health has gone downhill big time. I had posted last month asking questions and only 1 person answered me. Thanks in advance

Please post a full set of test results and let us know how you got them.

We need:
FC
CC
TA
pH
CH
CYA

About the pH testing. It could be a simple testing error. Make sure you have the pump running for at least an hour before you test the pH. Also, make sure to test the pH before adding any bleach.

What is your fill water? Well or municiple?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.