Got my new test kit and unsure.....

To get a FC of 95 you would have had to have added 190 drops ... Am I correct that you infact added 19 drops resulting in a FC of 9.5? That would actually match the dark yellow color from the OTO test.

That would also mean you have not been maintaining the shock FC level of 24ppm as required in the SLAM process.

You must post accurate test results so we can help. The thread has lost some focus because your test reports have gotten the thread side tracked.

Yes, it's time to SLAM your pool. Follow the process in Pool School to the letter and your pool will clear.

You should be maintaining a FC of 24ppm. That is all you should be worrying about. Your last report was that you had a FC of 9.5ppm ... clearly this is too low.

What are you confused about?

novaman said:
I am going to install a swc.how much salt do i need to put in at startup ?plus is there any special things needed to do. thanks
http://www.poolcalculator.com/ can tell you how much salt to add. pool-school/salt_water_chlorine_generators is a compilation of things you need to know. Be sure to follow the link in that article about water balance.

You want the pool balanced and clear long enough that you're comfortable with it before you dump in the salt. Check out the highlighted post here if you have kids.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.