No strength on the Bleach

Aug 6, 2008
Delaware
I am attempting to do the OCLT
Has anyone noticed that not all the bleach has the strength noted on the bottle
Since I did NOT buy it from the dollar store,ect..... I used 6% in the pool calculator
After adding the proper amount of bleach(4 gals),my FC only went from 10 to 15 :grrrr:
I am thinking they were 3%
How can they get away with not listing the strength
Any suggestions on where I can find the 12%?
Thanks

I'm sorry to hear that. Usually, if the concentration isn't listed, it's 3% or even less. If it's a brand directly competing with a bleach like Clorox, then such off-brand Ultra bleaches usually have the same concentration of what they are competing against so used to be 6% and now that Clorox is moving to 8.25% the competitors are likely to as well. Off-brand "regular" bleaches that don't list any concentration are likely to be the lowest in concentration.

Unfortunately, I don't know where you can get higher concentration chlorinating liquid in Delaware.

I was looking at the bleach at Food City. They had two off brands plus clorox. Neither of the two off brands had the ingredients listed. I believe one of them was Value Time. Thats why they are still sitting on the shelf. I use Wal-Marts Great Value bleach. Works great. It is 8.25%.

easttn said:
I was looking at the bleach at Food City. They had two off brands plus clorox. Neither of the two off brands had the ingredients listed. I believe one of them was Value Time. Thats why they are still sitting on the shelf. I use Wal-Marts Great Value bleach. Works great. It is 8.25%.

Ditto...use Wally's or Meijer brand here in Michigan. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.