Just a simple "Thank You"

May 28, 2013
Southern PA
I wasn't sure where to post this but I wanted to say thank you for all the quick responses and information on this site. Last yr I had a lot of problems with my kiddie pool and had algae and never could keep the levels correct. This year I found this site and tried the BBB method. Since June I started with the BBB method and 24 days later my pool is still clear and levels are great! Haven't had to shock the pool one time and was wondering if I needed to even though there weren't any problems. Someone just asked and the answer is ...only shock for a problem! :) I know the summer isn't over and I could end up with problems etc but I know all I will have to do is pop on here! Anyways! THANKS! Enjoying our pool so much more this year. Now if I could only find a vacuum that would work to get some of the finer dirt particles out that daily scooping doesn't catch and the "hose" vacuum is a joke! Anyone have thoughts on that? :-D

Very nice post. This is a good bunch of folks who are always willing to help.
Anyone have thoughts on that?
I saw a really good post about keeping dirt out of a small pool. I wish I could remember who posted it, but can't for now.

Anyway, place a small "pre-cleaner" to rinse off the kids feet before they get in the regular pool. Something as small as just a few gallons that allows them to step in just before they get in the pool....perhaps a 20"x20" cheap plastic container that is easily tossed out and refilled.

thanks Mike! I have looked at that one for awhile but finally just bit the bullet and bought it. Last night I spent an hr with the hose sucking up debris and decided to chance it even though it doesn't have the best of reviews on Amazon! I hope it can pick up the fine sand that drives me NUTS!

Tanya, I second the pool blaster. Got one this year and it works well as long as you aren't expecting industrial suction.....take it slow and it will get the stuff very, very well. I am very happy with mine given the limitations that it isn't super powerful, but it WILL work. Quality control may be an issue and I am sure you have read about it on the reviews all over the place on the net. If you get a bad one, return it for another one. As I said, I love mine.

I had your sized pool last year. Any kind of anything that the kids can kind of wash/rinse their feet off in first before getting in the pool will help with all the Crud in the pool. I think we used an oil changing pan. I actually built an area with pavers so that the entrance to the pool is kind of like a patio, that help alot too.

I recommend you take your shock and give it to someone with a pool you hate. That stuff would raise the CYA level in your pool so quick and so high.......here comes the green stuff!! If you need to shock your pool, put in more Clorox. That concept alone has made my pool experience 100x better this year and last year once I gave the shock to a nieghbor and have NEVER used it since. If I need CYA, I add it by myself.....if I need chlorine, I add it myself.

If you are getting worn out replacing Intex cartridges, look for the Unicell replacements (I got mine on Amazon). High quality filters you can clean and reuse. Get two, one to use and one to soak/clean which equals zero down time. Keep the cover on too as much as you can, that will eliminate A LOT of cleaning and filter issues.

Hope the kids are having a blast in that pool!! Mine did.

Bob E.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.