Thru Wall Skimmer Install. Above Seam & With Intex Hoses

Thanks for the visual, and yeah I just looked at the Haywrd return fitting and the male thread is a perfect fit for the intex hose. I'm going to install it tomorrow for a test drive.

I too as thinking about doing the same hook up to the skimmer because the intex hose does fit real tight onto the Hayward adapter that comes with the skimmer. Then just toss on a hose clamp to seal the deal. Seems like it should have worked.

Thanks again and good luck!

Jim

Its like a super durable thick plastic pallet that i got from a big box store one day when i bought a fridge. The store just loaded the fridge with the pallet attached. It ended up working out perfectly.

Livinright said:
Thanks for the visual, and yeah I just looked at the Hayward return fitting and the male thread is a perfect fit for the intex hose. I'm going to install it tomorrow for a test drive.

when you go to install it you will have to saw the screw that came with the hayward return in half so that you will be able to screw the intex valve on completely snug. I may would also add some teflon tape around the hayward return threads just to be safe.

thedarktitan said:
-Looks great I did the same thing with my pool on Saturday. Although I rigged my hose to the skimmer and it is trying to leak a little bit. I wish you could tell me all the exact parts you used so that you could screw the hose on. Mine is just shoved on really tight. Kinda makes me worried....

-You really should install the hayward outlet that came with the skimmer. The flow is sooooo much better. I just had to saw the little screw part in half so that the intex valve would screw onto it.

My Hayward skimmer arrives tomorrow. My bigger issue is the smaller inlet and outlet that comes with 16 foot and smaller pools. My 14 foot pool uses the B adapters that came with my Sand & SWG combo. I guess I could make larger holes for the larger connections that came with the larger filter but I might have more luck winning the lottery than cutting three holes (2 for the inlet/outlet and 1 for the inwall skimmer) into my liner in one day.

My neighbor made a good point. We had to cut a larger circle as part of our VERY fun ground leveling process. He suggested putting a 2x4 post into the extra space between the pool and larger circle and strap the hose up near the plunger valve to provide more support. He thinks the plunger valves are too flimsy and will be abused by youngsters as the adults aren't paying attention. The long-term solution (over the Winter) will be to PVC pipe everything for next season.

CeeElGee said:
I'm planning to do an install above the seam of my Intex and keep the Intex valves and fittings, and I found these on eBay. Appears to be made by GAME and seems to work as advertised. One end is 1-1/2" NPT male and the other is the 40mm Intex male thread. Should make life easier when going from skimmer to filter/pump to solar panels to pool return.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intex-Fitting-t ... OC:US:3160

Wow great find! I didn't know those existed. I would have used those instead. That's way easier if they fit as advertised.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.