Hayward Multiport Valve

doc.mosi

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2012
Minnesota
So..I've replaced the pump and motor this year. Got me to thinking. Maybe I should just "tune up" the multiport valve a bit. It's getting hard to open and turn.

I've never done this. I need a bit of guidance.

1. I have a Hayward Vari-flo SP-0714 multiport valve. These are the only things I see marked on the top.

2. Where can I find the stuff needed to do this and what do you guys recommend changing? Keep in mind this is really trying to make the valve move easier and do a bit of preventative maintenance as well. I was thinking of replacing the spider gasket and the non-metal bearing under the handle, not sure what else needs to be done. It does still work, with no leaks or issues that I'm aware of other than being more difficult to open and turn.

I found a website with some parts listed, http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_valves_ ... sp714t.htm but they only model close was listed as: SP-0714T. I don't know if that "T" makes a big difference or not, but don't want to spend my money to find out, so I thought I'd ask.

I've already ordered a new pressure gauge.

I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to get it apart and back together again without too much trouble. And I'll ask here if I have trouble once I get started.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.