WATER AND ALGE PROBLEMS

Oct 11, 2011
Hi
looking for some water balance help.

Pool is three years old, plaster with a SWG.
For the first two years I ran the generator at 85% for 8 hrs a day gave it a little acid every other week and all was good.

This year I am having terrible problems. I brush alge off the walls daily, add acid just about daily.
I am running the SWG 12 hrs a day at 90% and there is barely any chlorine in the pool. I'm not sure if its because the ph is always high and its killing the chlorine or the SWG isnt making much.
This pool has a cartrige filter, I have had to take it out twice and clean it due to cloging, I think with dead alge.

I have read the fine article in the pool school, I have adjusted the TA from 20 to up around 90. Then I adjusted the PH adding a whole container of dry acid, that was yesterday today it needs more acid and the walls need brushing.

The cya mentioned- I dont know how to test it or how to adjust it. I am thinking I have bigger problems than that though.
The SWG does not have any fault codes showing and the pool does show minimal chlorine so I feel it is working.
I am useing chemical test kit not strips. And finally the water is very clear, except for the alge walls I would not think there was a problem.

Thank you for taking the time to get this far, any suggestions very much appreciated.

Tom

The cya mentioned- I dont know how to test it or how to adjust it. I am thinking I have bigger problems than that though.
In fact, that may be the single problem. You should really get a test kit that will test that for you. Impossible to advise you correctly until you can get us that test result.....Not from a strip, they're worthless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.