Hayward EC40AC

dacubz

May 18, 2013
I opened my pool with a new DE filter, and have had to clean and recoat several times because of my algae problems. I've only cleaned it by flushing per the instructions, and am experiencing quick increases and slow flow back through the inlet to the pool. This is happening in as little as 15 minutes after a complete DE recharge. Do I need to open up the filter and clean it? I also have the flow control disc installed since my 1 HP pump exceeds the recommended flow for the filter. Why could I be experiencing this problem? I've been searching for an answer before I open uo my filter. This site is loaded with info, and I appreciate all of the help already!

I open up, clean and acid wash my EC75 after every 6-8 times I recoat it, note these Perflex DE filters seem to be fairly sensitive to correct amount fo DE being used, so it is always best to weigh the DE and don't count on DE scoops being right (depending on how it is packed my scoop can be off by 20-30% by weight),

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.