Conversion to begin on Friday, June 22nd

Day 8 and FC was at 12 this morning and CC at 2.5. I scrubbed every surface and vacuumed again. Pool looks awesome. I am down to 2, 121 oz bottles of bleach in the evening to bring the FC back to 15. CC is droping by about 1/2 each day. Going on vacation on Tuesday thru Saturday and am going to have 22 year old son add bleach each night and I think I should be able to change sand and add CYA when I get back. My pool has never looked better.

Day 8 and pool is consistantly moving in the right direction.

FC at 7:00 PM = 5 added bleach to 15
CC = 3 (I put some pool floaties and a raft in the pool today to rid them of buaquagoo and this is likely why the CC went up.
PH was under 7.0 so added som Borax to raise to 7.4.

Kids want to swimmmmmmm - they have no POP :-D

Attachments

• Day 8 - 7 pm.jpg
    Day 8 - 7 pm.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 25
  • My faithful pool helper.jpg
    My faithful pool helper.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 25
Just back from vacation. Son put bleach in while we were gone but did it a random times during the day, not at night like he was supposed to. Last night FC was zero, raised it to 15 but this moring it bas back down to 5 which is more loss then I was seeing prior to vacation. Is that normal?. CC is .05.

I was bringing the pool up to a FC of 15 each night but it is not holding over night. I am typically at about an FC of 8 in the morning. I am wondering if that is normal? How do I keep a more consistant chlorine level? I thought the CYA would help to maintain the FC level.
I have my CYA at 35
FC 8is not holding at night. Is that normal?
CC is at .05.
PH is at 7.2

aspyksma said:
I was bringing the pool up to a FC of 15 each night but it is not holding over night. I am typically at about an FC of 8 in the morning. I am wondering if that is normal? How do I keep a more consistant chlorine level? I thought the CYA would help to maintain the FC level.
I have my CYA at 35
FC 8is not holding at night. Is that normal?
CC is at .05.
PH is at 7.2

Yes, all normal. You're still attacking baquagoo. CYA only protects FC from the sunlight. If you're losing it overnight, it's still doing it's job. Nice work on your progress so far, by the way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.