Durandetto

Can you add a "back wash" hose to the filter and divert the water to a more desirable location (lawn?). This one is $15 at my local Wal-Mart. Harbor freight has them also. You normally need a hose clamp also.

Late edit: I just noticed, this comes with a hose clamp.

0007318713099_500X500.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HTH-50-Pool-Backwash-Hose/20703032

I got the majority off the bottom, but it got stirred up. I'm gonna get the water level back up and get the filter running then get in it and get a whirl pool going to get the rest in the middle or into the skimmer. Then go back at it tomorrow the problem is having a well is a PITA and I can't keep having to add water. Hopefully after tomorrow I'll be ready to balance the water and swim away.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tested this morning with my Taylor kit and came up with;
Fc-3.8
Cc-0
Ph-7.6
Ta-320
Cya-too soon put in about 4.5lbs in the last couple days.
Water is a little cloudy, but not bad I plan n getting some muriatic acid to bring my ph down a little before I swim and aerate it to bring it back up. I was also considering adding some De to my filter to help get rid of some of the iron. Because when I vacuum it comes out the return.

I bought some Ecoclean De filter media and put 2 scoops in through the skimmer. After a couple hours of swimming I noticed the pressure gauge was almost at 20 when it normally sits at 12. I backflushed and it came out orange for almost a minute. So I put more Ecoclean in it and I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

durandetto said:
I bought some Ecoclean De filter media and put 2 scoops in through the skimmer. After a couple hours of swimming I noticed the pressure gauge was almost at 20 when it normally sits at 12. I backflushed and it came out orange for almost a minute. So I put more Ecoclean in it and I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

Now THAT sounds like progress! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
durandetto said:
Like my work?
8y7ajare.jpg

Only if you like my *rubber mallet* a.k.a. claw hammer! :mrgreen:

Welcome to TFP!

durandetto said:
How much ma is safe to add at one time?

Waterbear's rule o'thumb was a pint per 10000 gallons.

Why do you want to lower pH? It's fine where it is. Or are you trying to get TA "perfect"?

There are two reasons to lower your total alkalinity (TA) right away, because you want to slow down the rate that the PH rises, or if high TA is contributing to a high calcium saturation index (CSI) which puts you at risk of calcium scaling. You shouldn't lower TA just to reach a target number. Make sure you actually have one of the above issues before lowering your TA.

pool-school/lowering%20total%20alkalinity

My ta is high so my ph rises rather quickly and I just tested it and it was at 8 so I added 62oz to bring it down to around 7.4. Should I not add that much at once? Also, my kid is bugging me to get in. I know you said you don't have to wait that long after, but I added a little more than usual this time.

durandetto said:
My ta is high so my ph rises rather quickly and I just tested it and it was at 8 so I added 62oz to bring it down to around 7.4. Should I not add that much at once? Also, my kid is bugging me to get in. I know you said you don't have to wait that long after, but I added a little more than usual this time.

I would have done the same....but I wouldn't go so long between testing, either, so it wouldn't take so much

Make the kid go around the pool once with the brush to mix it and when that's done, he can get in.

Thank you for the responses. I test everyday, but ran out of acid two days ago and just picked some up today. I bought 2 gallons this time. Hopefully I can get my ta down a little and not have to add acid as much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support