Pool pilot swg cell broke. Do I need a replacement?

Lazyman

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
NJ
Of course you do! Ha. The cell itself is in great shape, so I hate to nuy a new one. It is the 42 size or 48... whatever the middle one is. The union nut on one side broke in half. The cell is good, but will not hold because of the nut. I was planning on getting many more years from the existing cell. It looks great. I've been taking care of it and not using it too many hours.

If I have to buy anew one, I will, but it's just the principal of it. Or is it principle? Well, I tried to glue it together but it didn't work. I've pretty much tried everything (adhesive) but clamp the thing down with bolts! I did buy the clamps.... but didn't use them. I knew it would just be garbage anyway if it didn't work. Any ideas?

At this point I have to buy the bottom horizontal piece too. I just bought one last week, but it's gone from the gluing... ARGGG!

There is a cell union repair kit that comes with a union nut and band clamp to replace your broken one. pn#STK0048
The rebate is applicable on the replacement cell you purchase. If you upside to the RC52, you get $75 rebate. RC42 gets you $50. RC35/22 gets you $25. If you register your system on line, we don't need the old cell back. Just the proof of purchase and serial number of the new cell.
The rebate program is there to thank you for continuing to use AutoPilot and replacing it with a genuine AutoPilot cell instead of the generic cells. This should make up for any difference in prices between an original AP part and the generic cell.

AHHHHHH.... Darn it! Oh well, thank you for that info. I've already pretty much ruined the whole setup. No big deal, at least it's not leaking anymore. I used a two-part putty to seal the nut onto the pipe. It was either that, or get a new one. It is permanent until I need to replace the cell. I figured a "temp" fix is better than a throwaway/replacement cell. I'll have to eventually get a new cell and the bottom portion of pipe again.
If this setup lasts a couple/3 years, I'll be happy. The cell itself is in really good shape.

It's good to know about the rebate info. Thank you. Yes, I did buy all my equipment and parts from you guys actually. Great service, great prices... thank you. I will be coming back when needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.