Trouble replacing a Pop Up, Please help

beachinmoney

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Buckeye, AZ
Hi, I'm new and tried to give everything I know about my pool. I had a popup break and so I got a new one and the tool and took it out and tried to put the new one in unsucessfully three times now. It keeps popping back out after I turn the pump on. It takes a minute or two but comes out again each time.... Please any help. I have searched the internet and don't see anything about this problem. I just while the pump was off swam down and put it in. Then with the tool I twisted to the right... Turned pump on and in a few minutes it pops back out. I did put the lubricant on it as well and I have the larges hole open for the water. It's a A&A Gamma III... :?

Welcome to TFP!
That's strange. Stupid question first: are you sure the new head matches the old?

Assuming it is, I guess the next thing is to check the little grooves on the sides of the new popup and the little nubbins in the socket you're trying to put it in, making sure everything's in good shape. It should be a 90 degree turn, and there's no way those things should pop out :scratch:

Yes, it's the same. I guess I can look and make absolutely sure Of nubbings on the one to go into the ground, but lookingat the one In the Pool is harder as it's 7 ft under. I have another. I'll try that one alittle later. The whole thing doesn't come out. The head does. The piece that secures it In stays In and I then have to remove it with the tool and start over again, if that helps....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.