WATER LEVEL

Apr 24, 2013
I have been having to lower the water level 2 or three times in the past week or so due to storms. and the kids using the slide that is hooked to the water hose no hard task but I was thinking if I drilled a small hole in the rear of the skimmer where I would like the water level to stay would this work . would it hurt anything. when the water gets above the hole it slowly comes out of hole until at the right level again do you guys see anything wrong with this

Sure, that would work. You will get some leakage even below your target water level, as waves will occasionally raise the water level up to the hole for a moment. But that shouldn't be too much of an issue, especially with the slide adding water regularly.

How handy are you?

If it was me...I'd drill a hole in the skimmer at the overflow level and install a bulkhead fitting, then a hose nipple, and then run a hose off to wherever. Go to a mom-n-pop hardware store and tell them what you are doing and what you want and I bet they fix you up. Remind them it's not a pressure system.

Google it and you'll see all kinds of pictures of a bulkhead fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.