Vacuum & Skimmer Valves...which is which?!?

Aug 13, 2012
Keller, TX
Hey TFP peeps!

I was hoping someone could help me out a bit...our pool is just over a year old now...and honestly, things have been running pretty decently, mostly thanks to all the posts here on TFP. The other day the kids (16 & 17) wanted the "bubbles" on in the pool...and thought they could figure it out. They started turning valves and such to get them on...now I am having a hard time getting things back the way they were. We have two skimmers, and a pool vacuum. I can't seem to get it so that the skimmers and the vac run at the same time, as it was before. When we did our "pool school", they set it the way that they said would run best & didn't really inform me on what each of the valves do. I think I have figured the two out on top as the bubblers for the tanning ledge and the hot tub (water fall overflow)...but I have no idea on the bottom three valves. One says skimmer, one had something written on it, but was then marked through. I'm at a loss. Is there a way to determine these by looking the picture?

Pump-Valves.jpg

The blue arrows are suction. The black are pressure.

The valves are pretty much shaped the same inside as the handle. So you just get to experiment.

In that picture, the first black arrow in line is directing all the flow down, so the two valves to the right are getting no flow, so whatever position they're in is immaterial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.