New AGP just setup today!

May 11, 2013
Littleton, NH
Hey everyone! So we had a small easy set pool last year (10' I think) so this year we decided to upgrade. We got the 18' X 48" Intex Ultra Frame. Leveled the ground, setup the pool, hard plumbed everything with a spot to attach a solar heater in the future (although I have a leak at the pump) and filled it with water.

The fill water before adding anything tested like this.

Total Chlorine - 0
PH - 6.8
Total Hardness - 10 ppm
Total Alkalinity - 10 ppm

I'm using the HTH 6-way test kit. Will get a Taylor kit later this summer, but I think this will get me by for now.

Anyhow, the pool is about 6400 gallons so we added 58oz of 8.25% bleach which should bring the chlorine up to 6. Will test again tomorrow.

Obviously I need to get my PH up, hardness and alkalinity are low as well. This is town water BTW, and it had a green tint to it in the pool. What else do I need to do. I know I need to get my CYA up as well but I can't seem to find any pool shock with Dichlor or Trichlor in it except in tablet form, could I use the tablets in a dispenser to help get the CYA up. I don't really want to spend $20 on a bottle of Cyanuric Acid when I have some tables left from last year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.