Advice on Reading the TA and CYA tests

New pool owner just started 2 weeks ago. I have the Taylor K2005 test kit and I am having trouble reading the TA test and the CYA test.

On the TA test it says to drop and swirl and count the drops it takes to turn the solution from Green to Red. So what I have seen happen is that I start dropping and swirling, dropping and swirling and then eventually one drop will turn it clear, then next drop turns it what I am going to call pink and then one more drop turns it red. Should I be reading it when it turns pink or red?

The CYA test seems like a harsh one, I start dropping the drops in and eventually as I drop a drop the black dot looks like it disappears but then once the ripple goes away I can still sort of see it especially since I know its there (its like a mind trick), then a few more drops will do the same thing and then eventually it will look like the black dot isn't there anymore even when the water is not rippling anymore. Do you read it when the drop makes it disappear with the ripple or do you read it when after it has settled you absolutely can't see even a hazy image of the dot?

Any advice would really be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.