looking to install a timer

jrross

Mar 20, 2011
did a search, couldn't find what I needed.

My IG salt pool has power running from the panel to a double switch, one which goes to the pump and other to the salt panel.

when I turn off the pump switch the panel seems to shut off (automatic due to no flow is assume?)

I want to put in a time but not sure where it should go. should I put it outside between the panel and switch, or after the switch, or could I even mount it inside the house coming out of the panel?

Thanks for any help all....

Tell us more about your pump and swg? Some swg's have a timer built in to operate the pump and shut themselves off.

If you do need an external timer, you should have it shut off the pump and timer, so basically just before the switches.

I have a Hayward super pump (1 or 1.5 hp, not sure at the moment) and a Hayward aquarite salt system with a t15 cell.

If I put before the switches would it be possible to put it inside the house just after the breaker panel?

thanks again

NEC Electrical code normally requires that the disconnect device for motors (switch or breaker) be located within line of sight from piece of equipment it operates in this case your pump). It is a bit of a strange part of the electrical code as it never says maximum distance, so I guess in theory it could be on a neighboring hill top, but that is probably not the spirit of the code.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.