Newbie has been poolstored - help me!

May 30, 2013
I split your topic off to begin your own instead of hijacking the original thread - Moderator

I have owned my 35,000 gallon inground vinyl liner pool for 7 years. I have never had one single problem. I replaced the liner two years ago and put all new water in (obviously) WELL THIS SUMMER OUT OF NO WHERE IT LOOKS LIKE ANTIFREEZE and nothing will kill it. The guys at LESLIE's who have always been so great to me cannot help any longer. Here is what has taken place over the last 2.5 weeks. 100 pounds of CHLOR BRITE 20 pounds of fressh and clear. YELLOW OUT, GREEN OUT ... 20 pounds of CAL HYPO. algaecide when he opened it... etc etc. Cannot get it to turn the slightest blue no matter what I do... 5 days ago I decided to change the sand out and get all new insides of the 300 pound sand filter. There is not one spec of leaves dirt algae (i cannot get anything in my pool cleaner) I don't know what else to do. So i took the chance and drained it to the top of my bottom step. My guess.. Is atleast 10,000 gallons of fresh water. Not to mention the fact that I have vaccummed on waste several times and changed my light... So my water is pretty darn new... Anyways, now I have tablets in the cholorinater 15 pounds more of shock with all this new water and filter sand etc etc. you would think atleast something would resemble blue... but it seems to get worse and worse and worse... guys won't help me at the store because PH is perfect CYA is high but not to high for chlorine to not work. Alkalinity is perfect chlorine is showing its there but I cannot see but more then 2-3 feet down... AND IM TELLING YOU ITS GREEN!!!!

I will take any advice even if I have done it already... Normally it costs 750 tops for the whole year.. Great investment as much as we usually use it. but now I'm approaching $1500 already and I cannot get any results... Jet pressure it perfect... plumbing has even been redone on the inside where my filter is... NO EXCUSE THAT ITS STILL EITHER AN ELECTRIC GREEN LIKE ANTIFREEZE OR A SWAMP... whatever it is I NEED HELP...GREEN GREEN GREEN PLEASE GO AWAY!!!

Im new to this site so I don't know how to get responses... SO if you have time or If I can trouble you... My email is [email protected]

THANK YOU!!!!

Re: 4 weeks of work and pool still green

Breinhart3223 Welcome to TFP :wave:
First thing you need is your own TF-100 test kit with xl option
once you get your real test kit post the numbers
I had a green pool at the beginning of May and now it is sparkling clear
All I used was about 20-25 gals of bleach I got at walmart
never went to the pool store I just waited till I got my test kit and then listened to what I was told to do here
by the experts
Also put your pool info into your signature it will help the pro's help you

Breinhart3223 said:
I split your topic off to begin your own instead of hijacking the original thread - Moderator

I have owned my 35,000 gallon inground vinyl liner pool for 7 years. I have never had one single problem. I replaced the liner two years ago and put all new water in (obviously) WELL THIS SUMMER OUT OF NO WHERE IT LOOKS LIKE ANTIFREEZE and nothing will kill it. The guys at LESLIE's who have always been so great to me cannot help any longer. Here is what has taken place over the last 2.5 weeks. 100 pounds of CHLOR BRITE 20 pounds of fressh and clear. YELLOW OUT, GREEN OUT ... 20 pounds of CAL HYPO. algaecide when he opened it... etc etc. Cannot get it to turn the slightest blue no matter what I do... 5 days ago I decided to change the sand out and get all new insides of the 300 pound sand filter. There is not one spec of leaves dirt algae (i cannot get anything in my pool cleaner) I don't know what else to do. So i took the chance and drained it to the top of my bottom step. My guess.. Is atleast 10,000 gallons of fresh water. Not to mention the fact that I have vaccummed on waste several times and changed my light... So my water is pretty darn new... Anyways, now I have tablets in the cholorinater 15 pounds more of shock with all this new water and filter sand etc etc. you would think atleast something would resemble blue... but it seems to get worse and worse and worse... guys won't help me at the store because PH is perfect CYA is high but not to high for chlorine to not work. Alkalinity is perfect chlorine is showing its there but I cannot see but more then 2-3 feet down... AND IM TELLING YOU ITS GREEN!!!!

I will take any advice even if I have done it already... Normally it costs 750 tops for the whole year.. Great investment as much as we usually use it. but now I'm approaching $1500 already and I cannot get any results... Jet pressure it perfect... plumbing has even been redone on the inside where my filter is... NO EXCUSE THAT ITS STILL EITHER AN ELECTRIC GREEN LIKE ANTIFREEZE OR A SWAMP... whatever it is I NEED HELP...GREEN GREEN GREEN PLEASE GO AWAY!!!

Im new to this site so I don't know how to get responses... SO if you have time or If I can trouble you... My email is [email protected]

THANK YOU!!!!

Welcome to the forum. Forgive my choice of title for your thread but I'm sorry that's exactly whats happened to your pool.

You need your own test kit. We need to see numbers - words like "fine" and "high" don't tell us much.

Chlorine kills algae. Products like "yellow" whatever and "green to" whatever do NOTHING except create a HUGE chlorine demand and empty money from your wallet.

If you haven't read Pool School - start there, specifically with "Test Kits Compared" (order one) and then "How to Shock your Pool."

We can help you clear your pool but you have to follow our methods to the tee and stop listening to bad advice from the pool store and other "helpers" who haven't helped you at all....

THe first step always starts with education, and that knowledge is contained in Pool School (link upper right corner).
You need to understand how to maintain a pool and how to properly test.

- order a proper drop based test kit
- read pool school
- go to PoolCalculator.com for your dosing levels

With a bit of time reading and posting here you can manage the pool yourself and have crystal clear water, without "help" from the pool store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.